Friday, June 24, 2011

Veteran American comedian Jerry Lewis has been forced to cancel a show in Sydney's west after he fell ill moments before he was due to take the stage.
The 85-year-old was due to perform at the Rooty Hill RSL on Friday night. Ticket-holders have been offered a full refund.
Mr Lewis is in Australia on a fundraising tour for muscular dystrophy.
On Thursday night he wowed the crowd in an unexpected guest appearance at an ACTU awards event in Sydney.
Dressed in trackpants and what looked like slippers, Lewis insisted his own long history as a union member made him an appropriate guest speaker for the awards.
"In the event there's any doubt or question in your mind what I'm doing here, I feel it incumbent upon me to tell you that I hold 14 union cards and I been paying the goddamn dues for 50 years," he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment