Friday, November 12, 2010

Last night I finished a three month tax course in individual income tax; it was the best tax course I have taken in my decades of bean counting.  I received an overall grade of 97% of all possible points in the course.  Yes, I am ready for the tax season.  One thing I noticed while studying the nitty-gritty of tax rules for ordinary citizens:  the tax rules are ridiculously complex, serpentine, ambiguous and difficult.  There are a million rules and two million exceptions to those rules.  There is no way in hell that any normal, bright and educated citizen could possibly do his own taxes and get it right.

Still, I enjoyed the course.  It was a study in madness, and now I am in a position to (1) do tax returns and (2) write horror novels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment