Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bill Maher, a dedicated leftist who hosts the show Real Time on HBO, has expressed concern over the Islamization of the West.  Mediate reports:

Maher made a Juan Williams-esque confession on his program when he apprehensively noted that Mohammed has just become the most popular baby name in Britain. “Am I a racist to feel alarmed by that?” Maher asked his panel. “Because I am. And it’s not because of the race, it’s because of the religion. I don’t have to apologize, do I, for not wanting the Western world to be taken over by Islam in 300 years?”
One panel member informed Maher that if he worked for NPR, he'd be fired for saying that.
Hoover further stoked Maher by claiming that the U.K is saddled with a “far bigger problem” than baby names: Sharia Law, which she said is creeping into England.

“Then I’m right,” Maher said, taking her for her word. “I should be alarmed. And I don’t apologize for it.”
Lawrence Auster at View From the Right says that Maher's statements may indicate a signficant awakening to the Islamic threat.  He writes:
My guess is that Maher himself doesn't mean anything serious by this, because he's too much of a liberal hater of our society to want to defend it from any enemy. But, just as with the recent stunning statements about Islam by Chancelor Merkel, who also didn't mean anything, the fact that he uttered such thoughts indicates a growing, or at least dawning, awareness in the West of the Islam threat, and this is significant. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment