Thursday, October 28, 2010

I had to go to a tax class tonight so couldn't watch the second game of the World Series.  I kept sneaking peeks at my iPhone Sportacular ap to keep up with the scores.  Finally, after several scoreless innings, the Giants led by 1 - 0, then 2 - 0 going into the 8th inning.  The next time I looked at my iPhone the game was over and the score was 9 to Zip!  I couldn't believe my eyes.

Apparently, Texas's pitching really fell apart in the 8th inning.  The bases were loaded, mainly on walks, and two runners were walked home for scores.  Then a single scored another two.

The Giants scored seven runs in the 8th inning, their greatest number in Giants post-season history.  Their former record was six hits in one inning in the 1937 World Series against the Yankees, a record they tied only yesterday against the Rangers.

I am hoping for a Giants win, but I won't tie myself up in knots with anxiety.  We've been here before and watched the dream crumble at the last minute.

I imagine the atmosphere will be different back in Rangers stadium and the Texans will be charged up for a win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment