Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Well, if ever I needed proof that nut allergies are on the rise and that nut-allergic consumers are on companies' radar screens, this is it. I just received a One Step Ahead catalog that contains "Safety Tattoos with a Purpose" for young children. In addition to tattoos that can be personalized to include kids phone numbers, they also sell tattoos that say "No Nuts, Please!" The tattoo has a peanut in a red circle with a line through it--the universal symbol for "not allowed."

What a great product for those of us with very young children who can't always communicate their allergy needs when out and about. I can envision using these on field trips or special outings with preschoolers or toddlers. The temporary tattoos then wipe off when they're no longer needed.

No one wants to single their kids out in a negative way, but products like this seem almost as fun for kids to use as they are useful. I don't know about you but my kids have always loved temporary tattoos.

Just a note: I tried to find these online but was unable to. However, when I called the customer service number they assured me that the tattoos are in stock as of today! The item number is 15164 for "Tattoos with a Purpose": specify the nut-free tattoos. The customer service number is: 1-800-279-8440. They are a busy company, so you may need to call a few times before you reach a live person! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment