Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This just in--my husband just brought home the latest issue of Chicago Parent magazine, with my article "Playing Safe: Coping with Food Allergies at Parties and Play Dates." In it, I discuss the ways that food-allergic school age kids can keep safe and have a normal social life. It also gives tips for parents of non-allergic kids on things to know if you're hosting your child's food-allergic classmate.

I'm very excited to see its publication and grateful to Chicago Parent for letting me get this important topic out there. I especially hope it is useful for parents of both allergic kids and non-allergic kids. Let me know what you think.

I also like the short article they teamed it with, in which they talk about Chicago mom Kim Kutz's allergy-free cookbook, "The Welcoming Kitchen: Allergen-Free Recipes for Snacks & Goodies." Her web site is http://www.welcomingkitchen.com/.

A reader recently posted with a question about what type of allergen-free recipes might be OK to bring a bake sale. I have not read Ms. Kutz's book yet, but it seems like a good bet you'd find some good and "safe" recipes there. I'll definitely check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment